World Heritage Environs area again under attack.
St Vincent’s hospital proposal for 2 developments:
1. St. Vincent’s Hospital PLN20/0567:27 & 31 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy
2. Gertrude St. PLN20/0566:1-9 Gertrude Street. Fitzroy
Read the Carlton Residents submission here
Review of the World Heritage Strategy Plan for the Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens World Heritage Environs Area – Discussion Paper Read it here
CoM Carlton Heritage Study
To assist members to better understand the CoM Heritage Study and what it could mean to Carlton, your property and or your locality, the CRA planning group has compiled several relevant documents from which you should be able to do the following.
- check the existing grading status of your property [and those in the immediate vicinity] and compare this grading with those that have been proposed in the city-wide heritage review,
- see what this grading [proposed] may mean for your own property, and those that you value in the community, and
- to be better equipped to judge the appropriateness of future proposals to demolish [in whole or in part] or carry out new works on existing heritage graded buildings.
- enable you to contribute to the current consultative process with the CoM. [open from 17 September to 19 November]
The Relevant Documents can be accessed below:
1 Carlton Heritage Study CoM announcement
2 Heritage Places Inventory – Extract from June 2016 Inventory – Carlton Section
3 Heritage Places Inventory – Extract from December 2017 Inventory – Carlton Section
4 Melbourne Planning Scheme – Proposed Clause 22.05 – Heritage Policy
The outcome of this Review could have a major impact on your home or street.
The resulting relevant Planning Scheme Amendment C258 has progressed to a
panel hearing, the outcome of which is likely to be released late in 2018.
CRA [C258] Exhibits 6-11 [Translation Issues]+image ed_Final
CRA [C258] Exhibits 12-16 [Local Policies etc]+ image ed_Final
Inventory Changes – Barry, Pelham and Berkeley Street
Inventory Changes – Cardigan St, Argyle Pl Nth, Lygon & Grattan St
Inventory Changes – Cardigan, Queensberry, Swanston & Kelvin Place
Inventory Changes – Cardigan, Queensberry, Swanston & Victoria St
[Pt]Inventory Changes – Cardigan, Victoria, Lygon and Earl Street
Inventory Changes – Drummond, Grattan, Rathdowne & O’Connell Lane
Inventory Changes – Drummond, Pelham, Lygon & Grattan St
Inventory Changes – Drummond, Pelham, Rathdowne & Queensberry Street
Inventory Changes – Drummond, Queensberry, Lygon & Victoria St
Inventory Changes – Drummond, Victoria, Rathdowne & Queensberry St
Inventory Changes – Grattan, Bouverie, Lincoln Sq N and Swanston St
Inventory Changes – Grattan, Leicester, Pelham and Bouverie Street + 1984 Gradings
Inventory Changes – Pelham, Drummond, Queensberry & Lygon St [ed 5-7-18
]Inventory Changes – Pelham, Swanston, Grattan & Cardigan St
Click here to find out more about this free service offered by the City of Melbourne Library Service at your local Library, Kathleen Syme.
National Trust Advocacy Toolkit
A free online resource created by the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) to support individuals and communities to advocate for the protection of places of cultural heritage significance.
Currently five guides have been produced –Access the toolkit at: https://www.nationaltrust.org.au/advocacy-toolkit/
Read CRA Submission to Amendment C320
Past information Working Group to Resurrect the Corkman 2 December 2016
Stakeholder Summit minutes 23/11/2016 21/10/2016